The Quality Control Inspector II conducts a variety of electrical, mechanical and electromechanical tests on temperature measurements systems, individual sensors, subassemblies and related parts to ensure conformance to specifications or to determine cause of unit failure by performing the following duties.
GAYESCO-WIKA QC Inspector II
- Reads test schedules, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications and drawings to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
- Tests functional performance of systems, subassemblies and parts under specified conditions such as level, temperature change and pressure.
- Calibrates temperature sensors according to specifications and Quality System requirements.
- Performs liquid penetrant testing on product.
- Performs PMI analysis on product.
- Verifies dimensions of a wide variety of mechanical parts.
- Compares results with specifications and records test data or plots test results on graph.
- Records defects on tag attached to unit and returns unit to production department for repair.
- Analyzes test results on defective units to determine cause and failure.
- Confers with Engineers, technicians, production personnel and others regarding testing procedures and results to resolve problems.
- Calibrates and maintains test instruments according to specifications, regulatory requirements and Quality Systems documents.
- High school diploma
- Technical trade school or specific NDE training with LPI certification
- Well-developed personal communication skills required.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly required.
- Conceptual Thinking- Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office preferred.
It is the policy of WIKA Instrument LP to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, genetics, disability or veteran status. WIKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.