The CNC Machine Operator works with various shop machines to fabricate parts for assembly, and ensures that parts are compliant with all details of the assembly specifications.
GAYESCO-WIKA CNC Machine Operator
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
- Operates and sets up CNC machines.
- Machines parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Lays out, measures and marks metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Interprets sketches in order to provide a quality finished product.
- Positions and fastens work pieces.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Cleans and lubricates machines, tools and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains and foreign matter.
- Set controls to regulate machining, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media. Sets up, adjusts, and operates all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Studies sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Operates a job crane to manipulate parts.
- Inspects and measures each part created, after every production run.
- Monitors machinery to verify that it is operating properly and at peak efficiency.
- Notifies and involves supervisor of any problems or issues that arise during production.
- Performs basic quality checks at the point of production using scales, micrometers, calipers and gages.
- Sets programs and parameters in production machinery for assembly line runs.
- Learns about new machinery and program inputs to ensure that production is progressing in the most efficient manner.
- Performs ancillary duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Some secondary technical school course work preferred.
- 2-3 years prior experience in CNC Operator role required.
- 3-4 years of prior experience working with assembly line and fabrication preferred.
- Must be familiar with proper programming functions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
It is the policy of WIKA Instrument LP to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, genetics, disability or veteran status. WIKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.