Lead the effort to drive Internal and Supplier Quality as a professional who understands the principals of product and service evaluation and quality control. Address quality issues through root cause analysis and continuous improvement projects/initiatives. Lead the organization in the implementation and support of different processes such as Corrective Action, Process Capability Improvement and Process Control through the Quality Management System. This position will provide leadership, influence and direction for the company’s Internal Quality, Supplier Quality and Continuous Improvement activities within the Quality organization.
Quality Engineering Manager
- Provide strategic quality directions within WIKA.
- Drive the investigation & corrective action process to resolve quality issues (internal and external)
- Support Continuous Improvement activities to ensure quality expectations are achieved including root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Revise and implement standard processes and procedures including applicable documentation.
- Conduct verification of process and procedure changes.
- Communicate and work with suppliers and customers to resolve issues affecting the quality of the products they supply or have received.
- Evaluate product and processes affecting quality as needed. Support failure analysis (in conjunction with the engineering and production.)
- Provide strategic leadership in the disciplines performed in the Metrology and Cleanliness Testing Labs.
- Manage Receiving Inspection, IMTE Control, Metrology, and Internal Quality Department.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management and suppliers to address the issues.
- Provide strategic quality direction to plant management.
- Promote quality achievements and performance improvements throughout the organization.
- Coordinate problem solving activities to determine the root cause of quality issues.
- Assist engineering with validation of design and specification changes
- Suggest areas and equipment for quality improvement opportunities.
- Complete customer documentation as required.
- Initiate, participate and drive corrective action to address quality issues.
- Develop and analyze measurable process indicators to track quality goals.
- Recommend modifications and improvements to enhance the products for quality, reliability, manufacturability as part of process control
- Development and delivery of specific Quality Training
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering (ME Preferred)
- Strong management/leadership skills with experience in dealing with multicultural personnel.
- Solid background in Quality Tools & Methods (i.e. FMEA, Risk Analysis, RCA, 5-Why, 6Sigma, etc.)
- Quality systems knowledge ISO 9001. (AS 9100 would be a plus)
- Understanding (theory and application) of Total Quality and Lean improvement methodologies. (Six sigma would be a plus)
- 5 to 7 years min experience in a manufacturing environment with technical knowledge of manufacturing equipment
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong analytical and mechanical skills with understanding of GD&T on engineering drawings
- Strong Computer Skills – VBA a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Team oriented individual w/Ability to build Cross Functional Synergy.
- Some Domestic and International travel required
It is the policy of WIKA Instrument LP to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, genetics, disability or veteran status. WIKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
WIKA Alexander Wiegand SE & Co. KG is a renowned partner and competent specialist for pressure, temperature and level measurement technology.
As an internationally positioned family business with an annual turnover of 750 million euros, we defend our leading position in the world market. Our success is assured by 7,900 highly qualified and motivated employees worldwide.