Deliver Procurement Experience and Business Skills to develop Suppliers and Sources within North America and South America for Key Components like Metal Parts, Machined Parts, Deep Drawn Parts, Seals, Electronics, Transportation and Plastic Parts. Total Spend of $100+ million. As the International Purchasing Office Manager you will work close together with the Lead Buyer´s and International Purchasing Offices around the globe to explore other sourcing markets.
- Strategic Sourcing management & Supplier management in cooperation with Supply Chain
- Implementing purchasing strategies in cooperation with HQ WIKA Klbg
- Price Negotiation, Contract and Supplier Management
- Supplier evaluation and Supplier Development
- Lean and Cost Effective Procurement Process
- International Procurement Process and Activity
- Coordinate Procurement efforts within WIKA Americas
Director of Procurement
- Build Strategic Market Analysis to support future Make or Buy Decisions. Explain Supplier Base WIKA's Procurement Strategy and Processes.
- Build high motivated Team and implement Targets given and aligned together with Corporate Purchasing
- Develop domestic supplier base Americas and coordinate global suppliers with HQ WIKA Klbg.
- Develop Market Intelligence Strategy
- Negotiate US Contracts (New Contracts) and support Lead Buyers for Contracts outside US
- Support Quality Improvement Program
- Develop Procurement Process and Accountability
- Harmonizes strategic procurement efforts within Americas.
Continuous improvement to Supplier relations both 3rd Party and In House. Facilities information / KPI´s exchange between Procurement Americas, and Corporate Purchasing HQ.
- Results on cost savings and supplier performance.
- Travels internationally regularly to locations of suppliers and facilities.
- Lead the Supplier Selection and Negotiation Process: establish and maintain contractual and business Relationships with Suppliers: monitor contract compliance and adjust sourcing Achieve a high Profile Position to support Procurements Position within Executives in USA and Germany.
Strategies based on Changing Business needs and Conditions.
- Lead Times
- International sourcing
- Inbound Logistics and meet legal requirements for import and export of goods
- Lead Time Reduction
- On time delivery
- Limited number of suppliers
IPO role for AMERICAS
- Supervises the procurement activities in America, and help to align activities with current supply chain and corporate strategies
- Negotiates with suppliers in US/Americas about total cost of ownership which includes price, terms & conditions, consignment, shipping, etc. for the WIKA – Group in adjustment with the related Lead Buyer.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- MBA degree in Business Management/Engineering
- Minimum of 7 to10 Years in Procurement and Engineering
- 5 years’ experience in an international/global manufacturing company
- International Sourcing Experience
- Multilingual experience preferred and beneficial.
- Should have strong Market Knowledge, Market Trends, Pricing and excellent contacts in present and new Markets.
- Independent thinker-ability to work with little supervision/self-starter.
- Able to perform complex Analysis to support the corporate Procurement Strategy, working independently and set goals for the company and suppliers.
It is the policy of WIKA Instrument LP to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, genetics, disability or veteran status. WIKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
WIKA Alexander Wiegand SE & Co. KG is a renowned partner and competent specialist for pressure, temperature and level measurement technology.
As an internationally positioned family business with an annual turnover of 750 million euros, we defend our leading position in the world market. Our success is assured by 7,900 highly qualified and motivated employees worldwide.